Friday, 6 August 2010

Face Favourites

Happy Friday to you all! I hope you have had a good week, and well if you haven't, at least it is the weekend now :) Today i thought i would share with you what face creams, cleansers, toners and moisturisers i use. Up until a couple of months ago i didn't really care for them and didn't use anything, but then i started to get really dry skin, which now thinking about it was probably eczema. I used to get eczema so badly from about the ages of 6-11, but anyway, i am going off topic . So i soon realised that i should be taking more care of my skin. And I'm very happy i did because i know how some very nice products which i use most days.


Clearasil Deep Cleansing Toner- It is meant to "help clear and prevent breakouts. Tightens Pours" I have used this a lot of times and although i really like it, it doesn't clear spots when i get them. It does make my face feel clean and tight though which it is meant to do. I have almost finished this but i don't think i will re-buy it. It is good, but not amazing.

Yes To Carrots, 'C Through the Night' Night Moisturising Cream- I bought this quite a while and used it religiously every night before i went to bed, but then i completely forgot about it up until a few days ago when i found it tucked behind my bed. I really forgot how good this product was. I put it on just before i go to sleep as it is meant to react with something in your skin during the night. When i wake up in the morning my skin feels lovely and soft. I have almost run out of this as well which is slightly annoying because i think Boots has stopped selling it now.

L'oreal Paris Perfect Clean, Foaming Cream Wash, Dry/Sensitive Skin- I originally bought the exfoliating one of these and loved it for the first few days but it really dried the skin out around my eyes, so i went back to Boots and bought the one for sensitive skin. Unfortunately it doesn't have to same gorgeous smell but it really does get the job done. It leaves my skin feeling clean and soft, but tight at the same time. You also get to use the cool 'scrublet' which feels great against the skin.

Simple Facial Cleansing Mousse- This is by far my favourite face product. I bought it about 2 years ago after using a 'Witch' exfoliating product which left my face in a horrific condition. At first i got a red mark on my cheek which looked like i had just scratched myself, but it soon spread all over my face which was itchy, puffed up and bright red. It looked like i had a really oily face as well. After about 2 days my face turned dry and was still red and itchy, i didn't leave the house for about a week because i was so paranoid that people would be looking at me. Luckily, my mum bought me this Simple Cleansing product which really soothed my face and stopped it itching. From then on it became my best friend! I still use it now in the mornings just to wake my face up and keep my face looking hydrated. I have only a bit left of this as well and i am hoping they still sell it because i love it so much!

Bye for now :) xoxo

2 comments:

  1. ohhh! hello, i think this is my first comment on your blog! but i have somewhat of an addiction to buying facial stuff! i like the sound of the cleaning mousse!

    good write up

    lo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to see what someone else uses for a face routine. I'm a Clinique girl and I'm currently breaking out since I left my favorite face wash at home. Luckily I didn't forget my Clinique moisturizer. Till I get it sent to me I'm going to take a look for the L'oreal one you use. By the way I have posted a tutorial on water marbling!

    ReplyDelete