Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Friends Moving Abroad

Just before you read this i want to say that it isn't one of my usual posts about clothes, make-up or music. I wanted to do this post to get your opinion and just get a few things off of my chest! 

So, I have known for a while now that one of my closest friends, Chloe, might be moving to Switzerland. Her dad is an accountant and his firm are moving most of there offices over to Switzerland. This week i was told that she is going to move there and her dad is signing the deal on Friday. I really just don't know how to feel about it. I know that i should be sad and angry but when i think about it i just feel nothing. In some ways i think that is good because i don't get upset but then i think, do i actually care that she is going? Of course i do, but i just want to feel something about it. 

She is only going for 2 years and then she is coming back for university. She keeps saying that we will see each other loads when she comes back but i don't think we will. A few years ago i had a friend that moved to America, Nicole. She rang me once she got there but i got so upset that i just couldn't speak to her again. I really hope that doesn't happen to me and Chloe because i know that i am a lot closer to Chloe than i was with Nicole. I keep on expecting her to tell me that she is now staying and it was all a joke but i know that won't happen. I would also like to go and see her while she is over there but i have never gone abroad and don't have a passport so i can't really see that happening. I also don't think i would like to fly on my own as i have never done it before and i would need to some there to help me through it. 

So, I wanted to ask you if you have ever had a close friend move away? And if so, how did you deal with it?

Bye for now :) xoxo


P.S. I thought i would include a picture that cheers me up and puts a smile on my face :) 

2 comments:

  1. I'm the girl that moves away from all her friends. The first time I probably couldn't remember because I was so young but once I got to the age I did understand and got really close to my friends. I wasn't actually upset more excited, they came to see me at about 6am before I set off I think and told me they were both crying I'd say it was more from shock though. I'm more upset I left now then before. But anyway, I used to visit the UK every summer and got to see them for about two weeks then visit another place in the UK. So it was all good, even now as I don't live where they are in the UK I get to visit them in Summer and I love it!
    Do you know if she has family in the UK, where you live? It will make it more likely for her to come and visit. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend recently moved back home to ludlow its not as far as your friend is moving but i was devastated i just cope with it by telling myself that it is not forever, and think of it like you can travel over there for your holiday? if you want to stay as positive as you can sweet :)
    Im doing a give away i would love it if you got involved might cheer you up
    http://www.ellamasters.com/

    ReplyDelete