Monday, 12 July 2010

Bargain Book - 'I heart New York'

Sorry I haven't done a post since last week, but with work experience i have been kind of busy. There also isn't much interesting things happening in my life to share with you and i don't just want to do a post for the sake of it. 

I thought today though i would tell you about a book I bought last week. I had been wanting it for a while now after reading about it in my sisters magazine. It's called 'I heart New York' by Lindsey Kelk. If you have read my blog from the beginning you will know how much i want to go to New York and my fascination with it. So when i heard about this book i knew i had to have it! It's about a girl called Angela Clark, who after finding out her boyfriend of 10 years has cheated on her, runs away to New York. It then tells you her story of what she gets up to while she is there and how she deals with it all. The book also includes a lot of detail about her going shopping, which i loved and i think every girl that has read this book probably loved it as well!

I finished the book in about 3 days which i was really annoyed about because it is a really good book and i wanted to make it last. Sadly that just didn't happen. What made this book even better was that i got it free with Glamour magazine! I'm glad I didn't buy it as soon as i saw it because otherwise i would have spent £6.99 when i could have got it free with a £2 magazine! The only down side is that i think it has been shorted, because on the front it says 'exclusive Glamour edition'. I don't really mind to much though as you still get main story line but probably with a few insignificant paragraphs missing. I would definitely suggest this book to anyone that likes a light, easy to read, romantic novel and also to anyone that loves New York! 


Bye for now :) xoxo

1 comment:

  1. hi! i just saw you on someone elses blog and the first post was about you loving new york, i recently made one! id love to go too, i also got the book with my magazine but i wasnt that impressed! but i thought id add you!

    hiya, im lois! feel free to add me back if you want! x

    ReplyDelete