Does anyone else remember this song from when they were a kid?! I used to sing it every time we went to the zoo, but I only know the chorus so that must have been a very annoying car ride for my family! Anyway, the reason I am talking about this is, I went to London Zoo last week on a psychology trip. The main reason we went was to understand about hypnotism and how it can effect the way people think about certain things, in this case, spiders. It was a really interesting talk by a sweet man who I couldn't stop talking to my mum about when I got home! Once his talk was over he gave us a taster to what one of his hypnosis sessions would be like. Half way through it I was thinking that it wasn't working for me, but then he said we should think about a place where we feel safe and happy and I started crying! I felt really stupid and tried to hide it from people. I think I succeeded in that :) Once we all came out of the 'trance' I could hardly remember anything that had just happened. It was a very odd feeling. I felt very, very calm and almost like I had just woken up from a long nap. Someone then asked him how long he had been talking for and he told us it was about 20 minutes! I found this so hard to believe, because for me, it felt like 3-5 minutes.
Overall it was a great experience, but I have yet to see a spider so I don't know if its worked its magic and my spider fear has disappeared! After that, we were aloud a hour and a half to look around the zoo before it closed. Because it was late November, the zoo was practically empty apart from my class and a few tourists. It felt very odd to be in a massive area and it be deserted! I took quite a lot of pictures but because it was quite dark and a freezing cold day (my hands hardly stopped shaking!) I didn't get that many great pics. I thought I would share the best ones with you lot though...
This was one of my favourite pictures just because you can see there bums :) I had a good laugh at this, and yes, I am very childish!
He is looking at me! I must have a way with the animals!
I bet you are all thinking 'what the hell has she taken a picture of here?!' and I can tell you the person I'm pointing at is Flavia Cacace from Strictly Come Dancing! I spotted her in the giraffe indoor bit and had to do a double take because that isn't the sort of place you would expect to see a glamours dancer from the telly, but I can assure you that is her! Now I just have to find out what they were filming for...
It looks like I'm in there with him, doesn't it?! There was a thick sheet of glass between us though. Thank God.
I thought I would finish this off with a gorgeous sunset looking over the London skyline. Doesn't it look pretty?
Bye for now :) xoxo





No comments:
Post a Comment