Saturday, 13 November 2010

my everyday face

I told you I would be back today with another post! I didn't want to let you all down, so here is what I was planning to do yesterday. I thought I would show you all my everyday make-up. Before I started blogging I wasn't too bothered about make-up, and would only have the essentials like a face powder, mascara and concealer. I now can't believe that's all I used to use! From looking at other peoples blogs, I have become a lot more interested in make-up and the make-up brands themselves. I don't think I had even heard of MAC before I started blogging back in May! That just feels odd. 

I think I started wearing make-up on a daily when I was about 13 and I don't think I could really go out without make-up on now. That may sound really strange to some of you but I just like wearing it. It also helps me a bit with confidence because I have a huge dark circle under one of my eyes and I get quite paranoid that people are looking at it. I don't think people even spot it but I know its there so I can't help but think that. I am getting better and less paranoid though!

(L-R)
Eyeko Cream with Extra Glow, Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer (1, Fair), Revlon Photoready (002 Vanilla), Collection 2000 Perfecting Minerals (No2, Honey), Benefit It Stick

I have been looking for a good foundation for a long time now, and I think I have finally found it in Revlon Photoready. I used to only use powders but I find that by the end of the day it has all gone, and I don't like reapplying during the day so I need one that has the staying power. Which Photoready has. I must admit, it was painful for me to hand over the £12.99 for the foundation and that's the most I have ever spend on one, but I do think it is worth it.  I sometimes used power over the top of my foundation and that's when Collection 2000 Perfecting Minerals comes in. I don't uses it everyday but if I feel I just need a tad extra I will use this. Now, my favourite thing in this section is the Eyeko Cream with Extra Glow. I had been wanting this for ages and couldn't decide whether to go for it or not but last month I just gave in and bought it. I'm glad I did because I love, love, love it :) I just apply it over my blusher, on the eyelid and on the centre on my nose just to add a bit of shimmer. 

(L-R)
Models Own Powder Blusher (Peach Blush), No7 Natural Blush (10, Soft Damson), Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush (14 Soft Pink) 

Now onto the blushers. My favourite at the moment is Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in 14, Soft Pink. I must have got this about 3 years ago when a magazine had a section about a 'natural look' face and I was very gullable and bought everything they told me to on that page (It makes me cringe thinking about it now!) It has been sitting at the back of my make-up draw for ages now without being touched and I just wanted to use it up but now it I'm using it everyday. It is a create consistency and very easy to apply with a brush. 

(L-R)
Rimmel London Lash Accelelator, Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara, No7 Amazing Eyes Pencil (10, Brown), MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil (Prussian), Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner

My most recent purchase here is the Rimmel London Lash Accelerator. This is one of the most expensive mascaras I have bought, costing £7.99 (I think!) but I do like it. I don't believe it is as good as the hype around it but its still a mascara so I will use it up. Even though No7 Amazing Eyes Pencil in 10, Brown is meant to be used as a eyeliner, I use it on my eyebrows. I hate my eyebrows with a passion because they are really gappy (is that even a word?) and I hate the shape. I would get them done professionally but I'm scared that she will over pluck or make them look horrible. The MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Prussian, was a present from my friend in Switzerland. I would never think of buying one of these but they are really good for a lighter look instead of using a full on liquid eyeliner. 


 (L-R)
Row 1: Sable, Naked Lunch, Girlie
Row 2: Sweet Lust, Woodwinked 

Next is my favourite part of this post, MAC eye shadows! I got the palette and three of the eye shadows for my birthday this month and I haven't used any other eye shadows since. My favourites are Woodwinked and Sable because they are great for just applying all over the lid and last all day. I use Naked Lunch as a base right up to the brow. I so far have five shadows in my palette and I'm desperate to fill in the remaining 10 but I think it will take me a while at £9 a pop! 

(L-R)
 MAC Viva Glam V, MAC Innocence Beware!, 17 Mirror Shine Beehive

And last but by know means least, lipsticks. These are my favourites and the ones I use most days. I think I use Viva Glam V the most because its a lovely neutral pink that goes with most make-up. I also won it in a blog giveaway which makes it even better! My newest lipstick is part of the MAC Venomous Villains collection which I got for my birthday. I have the Innocence Beware one from Cruella and this one is, again, good for everyday because its a nude with a hint of pink. The last lipstick in my favourites is Beehive Mirror Shine by 17. I think this was about £5-£6 so quite affordable. It doesn't really look like a lipstick on because its quite sheer so its more like a lips gloss but its still gorgeous and great for wearing during school time. 

I'm really sorry that this post is so long but I love looking as stuff like this because I am a very nosey person, and slightly make-up obsessed! I'm sorry that the pictures aren't that great either but my photography skills really aren't up to scratch. I hope that you enjoyed having a look at my everyday make-up and if you have done a post like this then please leave a link and I will have a look :)

Bye for now :) xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You're the only other person ever that i've heard of using Collection 2000 Perfecting Minerals Powder... I love it!
    You've got some cute products here, very girly :D xx

    ReplyDelete