Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Forever 21

Instead of the regular(ish) Tuesdays Thoughts, tonight I thought I would talk about Forever 21. I'm sure most of you will know that it opened in Birmingham last week and that was the first one to do so in the UK. I was really quite jealous I couldn't go but because I'm from the South East, going up there was out of the question just for one shop! I was having a look through the lovely Irene's pictures of when she went and it made me want to go even more. The layout of the shop looks cute and quirky, and from what I can see of the clothes, it looks like my sort of style :) I was really hoping they would do a online store but I thought that would take forever if Gap and H&M were anything to go by. But to my astonishment, Forever 21 opened their online store on Sunday! I was super exited, but when I go to the website I was less than impressed. I found the layout quite hard to navigate, with there being 5 different 'shops' to choose from. This may just be me being fussy though. I like a website to look clean and minimal.


The clothing themselves I don't find too bad. There are things I love and would by in a heart beat but then there are others that just seem a bit bland. The jewellery though is what I do like, without any negatives!
(L-R)
Antique Brown Stone Ring, £4.80 Oval Antique Style Ring, £3.80
(L-R)
Large Pendent Necklace, £6.80 Deer Portrait Necklace £4.80

As you can tell, the prices are very reasonable for what you are getting. You would probably have to pay double to get these in Topshop or Urban Outfitters. There are a few items of clothing I like but I'm not sure if I would ever buy them. The accessories like scarves and bags seem nice as well. I'm not sure yet if I will order anything, but if I do you lot will be the first to know! But what I want to know is, have any of you been to the new Forever 21 or ordered anything online? Or are you from America so you are already well aware of it and know how good the items are? If so, leave me a comment telling me what you think! 

Bye for now :) xoxo

Update: Can everyone see the pictures? They aren't appearing on mine but that just be my internet! 

2 comments:

  1. I can see the images (: I wasn't too impressed with the clothes side of things but there were some nice accessories. I've never ordered from there but I have been to one of there stores in New Jersey a few years back. I don't think I'll be ordering anything from them as of yet though :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shop looks similar to the one I visit back home but with 50% less stuff. Which is a good thing. The one I go to is so packed with clothes you feel overwhelmed in it. So it's usually hit or miss if I find stuff. I do find cute hair accessories there.

    ReplyDelete