So as you may be able to tell, I'm not in Switzerland! We had a pretty horrendous morning yesterday and I don't want a repeat of that again! We set off for Gatwick at 9 yesterday morning to try and get to the airport for 10. It was all going great until we got to the M25. Two junctions had been closed due to what looked like a big crash. Lucky we weren't on the M25 when it happened so we turned around and took the back roads to the airport. As you will all know it has been snowing, which made the small lanes treacherous. But, we finally arrived at Gatwick at 11am, half an hour before check in closed. We thought we would be fine but once we got inside and look at the departures board, we saw our flight had been cancelled! It was the first one to be cancelled that day and they didn't give us any warning. You can probably all tell how angry and upset I was at this stage. We then went over to the EasyJet cancellations desk and they said the next available flight out was the 22nd, which wouldn't have worked because that was when we should have been coming back. I rang my friend in Switzerland to tell her what had happened and we were both really upset about it. But at that moment I was more upset that the phone call to her cost me £5!!! We eventually went home and I rebooked my flight for the 30th of December to the 2nd of January, so I will be spending new years over there.
It has been a pretty bad few days for me, what will all this, my haircut being cancelled and having to walk home from school on Friday because the roads were just ice. What would have normally only taken a 15 minute drive, turn into a 5 hour walk. By that stage I had just given up thinking I would ever get to Switzerland, so it wasn't a really shock when I didn't go! Sorry this post is me just moaning about everything but I thought I would keep you all updated on the situation.
Bye for now :) xoxo
That's such a shame that your flight was cancelled. The snow has been so disruptive...I can't wait for it all to just melt and go away now! Fingers crossed your re-booked trip will all go to plan :) x
ReplyDeleteI was supposed to be going to London yesterday to see Wicked and my coach was cancelled.I was so upset, I booked to see the understudy because she's my fave and I wanted to see Lee Mead again. It wasn't meant to be.
ReplyDeleteHope your new year plans work out.
Best wishes
Gem x
Thats such a shame, but New Year in switzerland will be so cool, that'll hopefully make up for it.
ReplyDeletewww.cupcakecouture.co.uk
That sucks! But hopefully you'll get there for New Years :)
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and it's really great, I subscribed!
http://zhannawrites.blogspot.com/