Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Switzerland

So I'm back! After all the fuss and cancellations because of the snow, I finally made it to Geneva on the 30th. We got to Gatwick at about 9am but our flight wasn't until 12:30, so we had a lot of waiting around! I went with my friends, brothers, friend (Sam). I didn't really know him so I thought it would be quite awkward between us, but it wasn't so bad because he made most of the conversation. While we were sitting in the departure lounge we were sat by a huge scalextric set, where you pay to try and get to the top of the leader board and if you do, you win £100 or something. Both me and Sam were watching and then we both looked at each other and said 'IS THAT TOM DALEY?!' We kept on looking for a while longer and it turned out we were right! I got all exited that I had seen a celebrity at an airport so that took my mind off thinking about getting on the plane for the first time. 

The plane wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it got quite shaky before we took off and then got butterfly's when we did, but apart from that I enjoyed it. When we arrived in Geneva, we were greeted by the freezing cold weather. I thought it was cold here, but there it was a new level of coldness! 

I stayed for 4 days overall and I had a fantastic time. It was great just to hang out with my friend after not seeing her in about 5 months. It was also nice to not think about anything from home. I now see why people go on holiday! I didn't talk many pictures while I was there but I thought I would show you a few anyway. Enjoy!

This is my friends flat. They have the whole of the top floor, and its beautifully decorated! 
I got quite confused with the buses there. At first I thought they were trams but then they don't have the track on the bottom...
We went into town on the second day and there was this really sweet clock. All the tourists gather around every hour to see the little people go around, and of course I have to snap into tourist mode as well!
There pretty crap excuse for a Christmas tree! They could have tried a bit harder with the decorations if you ask me!
On the third day we went down to the huge lake in Lausanne where they lived and had a walk around part of it. They had really pretty shops that reminded me of something from The Princess Diaries! 
And finally, I really wanted to get a picture of the beautiful mountains but for the time I was there it was always foggy! You can kind of get the gist though :)

Bye for now :) xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures, hope you had an amazing time and glad that you managed to reshedule your trip after all the flight chaos. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous. I haven't been to that area yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, I've only ever been skiing in Switzerland so never really seen the city but it look beautiful =)


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete