Sunday, 19 September 2010

Do You Still Remember Who I Am?

Hello girls :) As the title suggests, i hope you haven't all forgotten about me! I'm still having a few troubles adjusting to school so when i come home, all i want to do is, well nothing really! I hope if any of you are have started sixth form, college or a new job, aren't finding it as hard as me. I started sixth from about 2 weeks ago taking media studies, psychology (I've only just learnt how to spell that!), citizenship and applied science. I think the main reason i was finding it so hard was being of science. I just sat there every lesson and couldn't understand a word or what i had to do. So, I talked to the head of sixth form, and told him i wanted to drop it. He agreed after me talking to him twice, and my mum emailing him! I know feel a lot happier about going to school in the morning and not so worried about it all. The most annoying thing was how many spots I got from being stressed, i couldn't believe it because i hardly ever get spots! 

Anyway, what i really wanted to talk to you all about was ambitions, which I suppose carries on from the last post I did. Over the last few weeks I have really been thinking about what I want to do with my life. I mainly started thinking about it because last week I was really considering dropping out of sixth form, but then I thought 'If I do, can I really do what I want with my life?!' I don't want to end up in a dead end job, hating every second of it just because I couldn't handle school. I wan't to be proud of myself for achieving something and if I have kids when I'm older I want them to be proud of me as well. I think one of the reasons I want to have a good job is because of my parents. Non of them went to Uni, my dad did have a 'interesting' job for quite a long time working for Xerox but he got made redundant about 6 years ago and now he is a gardener. My mum gave up her job about 20 years ago as a secretary to stay at home and look after me and my brother and sister and now she is a cleaner. They don't earn a lot of money, and I think that has inspired me to find something I'm interested in and stick to it. I know how hard it is for them to get by on the money we have and I don't want to have that worry when I have my own family. 

So back to the point! What is my ambition? What do i want to study at Uni and do with my life? To be honest, I still don't know. I'm sure I have said this before, it changes all the time. At the moment, I really want something to do with make-up, I would love to be a make-up artist, but I know that loads of people my age probably want to do that. All I know is that I want to make something of my life and not just follow the crowd. I want my parents to be proud of me! I have a really wild imagination and have already decided that I want to live in New York/Brooklyn , with 3-4 children, 3 pugs and married to a American man. This probably sounds really strange but I do want Chinese kids! I just think they are adorable. My biggest wish is to adopt from China, I think I may have said that in my last post. So as you can tell, i have already planned my life out. I know it won't happen but i can dream right?!  

Over to you! What are your ambitions? Or are you like me and have no idea about some things, and know every little detail about others? 

Bye for now :) xoxo 

P.S. I'm not sure how often I will be posting here, so if you like you can follow me on Twitter or Tumblr, which I update a lot more often. 

Oh! I also found this picture on 'We Heart It' a few days ago and just fell in love! 


1 comment:

  1. I was on the bus this morning and passed three little Chinese kids, my gosh they were adorable!
    I know what you mean by following the crowd I remember being in like year 7 and everyone wanted to be a hairdresser. I totally want to do something different! Obviously there are going to be people with the same job as you but when you're the only one that's gone and done something exciting from your secondary or something, you feel good.
    I want to make sure I'm satisfied with my job and not work because of the money or sake of it. If you love a job and someone else has the same one as you then so be it I guess.

    I want to live in America too! I would love to travel the world I get bored of living in the same place for ages. I want to work for magazines, maybe a photographer, stylist, something fashion based.
    This is really making me think about the course I'm doing at college. National Diploma Art and design for two years, I might see if I can do the one year instead. Then go do something else at college. Oh man!

    Well, this is quite a long comment. X

    ReplyDelete