Friday, 1 July 2011

Mac Prep + Prime

As I mentioned in my last post, I was looking for a face primer. I had been looking at the Mac Prep + Prime Skin Base and after much thought on the matter, I just went for it! Mac had free postage on at the time as well so I think that swayed my judgement! Who can resist free postage? 

£18 for 30ML

As soon as I opened it up, I put a bit on my hand and the first thing I noticed was how smooth it felt when rubbed into the skin. This gave me a good feeling about the product. I've now been using it for about 10 days and I can really see the difference in my make-up at the end of the day. Normally my make-up would be a bit patchy by about 1PM but now I can go until about 9-10PM and it still looks like I've just put it on. This was put into practice on Saturday when I went to Hard Rock Calling. I got up about 7:00PM and didn't get home until 12midnight. My eye make-up was all over the place but my foundation and concealer were still perfect! I really couldn't believe that it had stayed in place for 17 hours!! It wasn't like I was just having a normal day either. It was a really hot day in London so I had applied sun cream over the top of my foundation and had been dancing most of the evening. 

The only thing I don't like so much about this product is the size. For £18 you only get 30ML. If I'm going to be using a pump of this 5-7days a week, its going to run out quite quickly. This won't stop me repurchasing it though.


I hope this helped some of you out and if you have any more questions regarding the product you can ask me here or on Twitter. Also, do any of you want to hear about Hard Rock Calling? It will probably just be me going on about Bon Jovi and I'm not sure if anyone actually wants to hear about that! 


5 comments:

  1. I should probably get a primer, I don't even use one, haha! That seems like a beauty no-no.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this product and £18 is great, I'm following I hope you will follow back

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting married this year and need something to keep my makeup on through all the blushing/nervousness! May have to see if I can get a sample of this

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, still toying with the idea of buying it. I always eye it up and walk away but i'm going to have to buy it now! I blame you, hahah! xx Lovely blog, just followed xx

    ReplyDelete